Sunday, March 28, 2010

Listening

Some songs hit just hit the chord so right with us. I wonder is it just the word or the melody or the music in the background, I am still to decipher that, though all I can say is that these songs make me smile or feel sad or make me head bang. I am currently listening to 'Abhi Nahi Aana' by Sona this song is about how this singer doesn't want her beau to come so soon as she wants to enjoy the distance between them, it is strange how I just cant smiling as Sona sings those notes.
There are songs like 'Gimme some sunshine' from 3 Idiots which I can totally relate to and so when I like such songs there is no surprises but I remember listening to Rabbi and his 'Bulla ki Jaana' again and again even though I didn't understand what he meant in most of the part of the song but I listened and felt happy and heard it again.
Singing acording to me is one of the most difficult arts to master as emotions are expressed through not only the words that they read from the lyrics sheet but in the voice, the pitch, intonation and what not that makes that song great listen. Try listening to some Sufi songs they kind of get a grip on the concentration part of your brain and all you do is stay in raptures without possibly understanding a word but still understanding what cannot be narrated.
I can confidently say that good breed of musicians make our lives pause for a while and take us through a ride of emotions anytime, any place voluntarily or involutarily.

No comments: